Sequence Analysis Hardware
Currently, we have 3 different hardware platforms
for performing sequence analysis.
- PMGM is our main sequence analysis machine.
If you have an account on CMGM, you automatically have an
account on PMGM.
- These terminals located in Beckman 050C can
be used to access PMGM and the GCG SeqLab
- Performa 6116CD accelerated with a G3
- This computer is part of our projector
cart. It can be wheeled to various locations within Beckman or
Fairchild Auditorium for presentations. It contains a wide
variety of Mac software.
- Currently we don't have any WinTel
- This PC has a TimeLogic board installed
which is designed to perform Smith-Waterman searches of protein
and nucleic acid databases at up to 100 million bases or amino
acids per second.
These servers give a somewhat better result than
using the Gapped Blast search or fasta. This improvement