Stanford MicroArray Forum

"Cy5 signal disappeared"

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Mguide Home Forum Home MicroArrays (Protected)
Original message

simonkayin Click to EMail simonkayinClick to check IP address of the poster Sep-04-01, 08:14 AM (PDT)
"Cy5 signal disappeared"
Hi,

I am a microarray beginner and I absolutely needed help!

I have problem working with Cy5 dye. I use indirect incorporation protocol. After labelling and purification with Qiaquick PCR purification kid, I measure the abs at 550 and 650 nm. Both cy3 and cy5 labelled cDNA give me similar incorpaoration ratio. Then I dried down the labelled cDNA with SpeedVac and resuspend in 50% formamide hybridization buffer and hybridize at 42o C overnight. However, after washing, all the Cy5 signal disapeared and look like I haven't add Cy5 labelled cDNA(which I am sure I added). The whole slide only give strong green colour (Cy3 signal). I use axon 4000A and 4000B scanner.

Can anyone give me suggestion what happened? What can I do about it?

Thanks.

  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

 Table of contents

RE: Cy5 signal disappeared, jkday, Dec-05-01, (1)
RE: Cy5 signal disappeared, danielmaclean, Dec-07-01, (2)

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

jkday Click to EMail jkdayClick to check IP address of the poster Dec-05-01, 12:25 PM (PDT)
1. "RE: Cy5 signal disappeared"
Did you ever resolve your problem with the Cy5 signal disappearing? We have been having similar results using the Qiaquick kit. Thanks

>Hi,
>
>I am a microarray beginner and
>I absolutely needed help!
>
>I have problem working with Cy5
>dye. I use indirect incorporation
>protocol. After labelling and purification
>with Qiaquick PCR purification kid,
>I measure the abs at
>550 and 650 nm.
>Both cy3 and cy5 labelled
>cDNA give me similar incorpaoration
>ratio. Then I dried down
>the labelled cDNA with SpeedVac
>and resuspend in 50% formamide
>hybridization buffer and hybridize at
>42o C overnight. However, after
>washing, all the Cy5 signal
>disapeared and look like I
>haven't add Cy5 labelled cDNA(which
>I am sure I added).
>The whole slide only give
>strong green colour (Cy3 signal).
>I use axon 4000A and
>4000B scanner.
>
>Can anyone give me suggestion what
>happened? What can I do
>about it?
>
>Thanks.


  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

danielmaclean Click to EMail danielmacleanClick to check IP address of the poster Dec-07-01, 10:30 AM (PDT)
2. "RE: Cy5 signal disappeared"
I have had a similar problem. After purification with an amersham autoseq g-50 kit the cy-dye could be seen to flouresce when cDNA was run on a gel and visualised using a Typhoon imager but not using the spec. Could it be that specs are not sensitive enough to detect the cy-dye when diluted? Any ideas any one?
Thanks
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top


Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Powered by DCF2000 ©1997-2000 by DCScripts. All rights reserved.